Some government offices and services in Macon County will be closed this Thursday in observance of Independence Day.
• The town of Franklin and County offices will be closed.
• The Macon County Public Library will be closed.
• Macon County Transit will not provide bus service.
• The Franklin Landfill and all convenience centers will be closed.
• Most banks and the Postal Service will not operate.
Also the N.C. Department of Transportation is suspending most road construction work on major routes across the state. By avoiding traffic delays, motorists can reach their destinations quickly and safely, while cutting down on fuel consumption and costs. NCDOT reminds drivers to slow down, avoid distractions and be alert to their surroundings during this busy travel season.