Historic Angel Cemetery to be rededicated
The community is invited to the special reclaiming and rededication of the historic Angel Cemetery in the Clarks Chapel Community on Saturday, October 27, at 10:30 a.m.
Angel Cemetery located on Long Road was established in 1833 and has been restored. The reclaiming and restoration has been a cooperative effort of the Clarks Chapel Community Club and the Macon County Board of Commissioners.
The cemetery is the burial place for Captain Thomas Angel who led a militia for the south during the Civil War.